my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Friday 3 November 2017

A Big Butterfly For A Special Birhtday

Hello everyone, as some of you will know my sister Kate recently celebrated her 70th birthday and today I am showing you the card that I made for her.
I used the very large butterfly stamp from Chocolate baroque. I used Black archival ink to stamp it with, and coloured it with Zig Clean Colour brush pens, before fussy cutting it out and giving it a generous coating of Wink of Stella. I found a piece of pink card that went with butterfly colour and cut a mat slightly smaller than the 6" square base card. The embossed panel was cut from a sheet given to me by a craft friend, so I am afraid I don't know what it is called. The greeting is die cut using Britannia dies. I cut each one four times, three from white card and one from pink, (all backed with Stick It adhesive) and layered them up for dimension. I am happy to say that for once this went well and they all stacked up nice and neatly. Lastly I fixed the butterfly in place with silicon glue, and placed a tiny flower gem to dot the i.

I am entering this at
       Emerald City Craft Challenges- Challenge 5 - Always Anything Goes
       Simply Papercraft - Challenge 52 - Always Anything Goes

Thank you for your visit here today and for your comments, they are really appreciated.
Jean

8 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful butterfly and a lovely card for your sister. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous butterfly Jean and the background embossing is so pretty with it, and love the pink mst and sentiment. Kate will have adored this I'm sure. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! My beautiful butterfly. A photo can't really do it justice.Thank you Jean xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a beautiful butterfly stamp and card, I'm sure your sister loved her special card.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This butterfly is just stunning and colored so beautifully! WOW! What a fabulous 70th birthday card for your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jean,
    what a very super card for your sister.
    I love that wonderful big butterfly and you have coloured it perfectly too.
    Super designing.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi this is a stunning card that butterfly is so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Emerald City Crafts Challenge Blog Anything Goes Challenge 5. Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Iknow Kate must have loved this card. It is gorgeous! Your butterfly takes center stage and the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete