my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Sunday 28 June 2015

June Roses

Today I am showing you a card made for a June birthday, which gave me the perfect opportunity to use my new set of stamps from Altenew. I chose the smaller of the two rose sets, it has stamps for two different roses some leaves and a branch as well as several smaller flowers. I actually started this card by cutting the oval shape from a snippet of white card using a die from Spellbinders Elegant Ovals. I did this because I wanted to make sure the roses fitted into it properly. I used just one of the roses from the set and turning it slightly for the second one. I stamped the right hand one first using three different shades of ink and I'm sorry I can't remember exactly which ones. I then made a mask to cover it while I stamped the second rose and then masked that one as well and stamped in the leaves. I then placed it back in the die and brushed lightly in the background with Tumbled Glass DI. I matted this onto a snippet of mauve pearl card, die cut with a Li'l Inker stitched  rectangle die. Another NBUS item. The base card is a white 15cm square and the front is covered with some pale blue patterned paper from my stash, cut to fit with the scallop blade in my cutter. This was inked around the edges with the Tumbled Glass ink before sticking it to the card. The little flowers are stamps from the same set as the rose and I stamped them with Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky DI and a yellow pad for the centers. The greeting is from Choclate Baroque and stamped with Stormy Sky ink. I fixed some narrow lace to the bottom of the stitched rectangle before sticking it to the card.  The bow is made with pale blue seam binding, and the butterfly is die cut with Cheery Lynne dies, using a snippet of the backing paper for the open layer and another snippet of iridescent paper for the solid one. These were glued together and fixed to the card by just the body. I then added a little pink Stickles to the wings and two tiny pearls to the body.

As used several snippets I am entering this at Pixies Snippets Playground -Use Snippets
                                                             and at Mrs A;s Butterfly Challenge - Butterfly + F for Flowers
                                                               also Stamping Sensations - Cuts or Punches

Thank you for taking time to visit here and for your lovely comments I really appreciate them all.
Jean

21 comments:

  1. You've done some wonderful masking and step stamping on those flower images, and I love how perfectly they fit within that beautiful die cut! The lace at the bottom adds such a nice feminine touch, and the pretty bow and butterfly perfectly finish this wonderful birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Jean. Love the rose stamp set and how you placed them on the Elegant Oval.Great technique for making the butterfly. ta ta for now, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading how you created those gorgeous roses from stamping and masking. The colours you have chosen all work so well together and made a very pretty card. Thankyou for fluttering by #33. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean, this is so elegant and pretty. I like how you did the masking. I love pink roses so this is my fave.

    Love,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous rose image Jean and lovely birthday card.

    It lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jean, this really is totally gorgeous! Wondeful stamping (I thought it was a topper or rub on until I read how you did it), brilliant use of snippets and a super result!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with Di's comment above. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen this Altenew stamp on a few cards recently but I can see why because it is a stunner! I love the way you have masked and made a pretty arrangement on that ornate oval Jean, and the stitched rectangle and patterned paper and butterfly complement it so well, also the lace, ribbon, flowers and sentiment are wonderful embellishments. A gorgeous card! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the flowers look gorgeous, its a super stamp image. Love your beautiful card.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty Jean, the rose is so lovely
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty these stamps are so lovely and your design is great gorgeous card love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jean, these roses are just so lovely, and the shades of ink you selected really enhanced the vintage feel of the pretty blooms. Your leaves turned out so nicely (I like the multi-leaf look much better than the single leaf look I tried earlier!). Choosing this particular S/B oval was a brilliant idea, and so nicely complimented by the stitched mat & airy butterfly. Just a gorgeous, gorgeous card. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colours on your roses are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Butterfly Challenge #33. Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jean,
    oh this is so gorgeous.
    I loved this fab stamp when you sister showed it.
    Your creation with it is equally as gorgeous, and I love the fab blues, and the pink of the roses.
    It sounds quite complicated the masking off of one of the roses.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty Jean and the roses are perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty and delicate, Jean. The roses are just beautiful, and perfectly coloured. I think I'm going to have to investigate that stamp set!

    Hope you are coping with the current heatwave. It's even quite warm up here in Scotland!

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous card, Jean! brilliant stamping! Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations for our Dies and punches challenge and good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely and delicate card Jean! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card, Jean. The madking and stamping technique really paid off as this is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card, Jean. The madking and stamping technique really paid off as this is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Altenew roses are so beautiful, it's a gorgeous card.

    Have wonderful week, sweetie!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete