my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Friday 12 June 2015

Butterflies + Sequins

Hello everyone, first off tonight I see I have a new follower so a big welcome to Elizabeth of The Silverscrapper's Work Space, I hope you like what you see and will visit often.
Todays card is for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge where the theme this time is Butterfly + S for Sequins. I don't think I have ever used sequins on a card, but being the kind of person who never throws anything away, I knew that if I rummaged deep enough I would surely find some, and these are what I came up with. I have no idea where the pinky ones came from, there were only a few of them, but the tiny purple ones came in a little polybag of spares with some clothing I bought with beading and sequin decoration. I don't know if anyone would bother to sew on any that fell off  or not but, as I said I don't throw anything away,so into the craft embellishments box they went, and stayed waiting for their moment. So having found the sequins I looked through my sizable collection of butterfly stamps and decided on this lovely, but rarely used Crafty Individuals stamp. I stamped it with DI Dusty Concord onto a snippet of white card and made sure it was thoroughly dry before using pastel coloured Flex Markers and Promarkers to colour the butterflies.I had no idea if this would work but I used  very light touch and I am happy to say that I managed it without the stamping ink smudging. I used a gold gel pen to colour the decoration behind the butterflies. Next I used a die that I can't remember the make of to cut the scalloped edges and then used a snippet of purple card to mount it on. I wrapped lilac organza ribbon around the front of a white 15cm square card, and used a bowmaker thingy to tie a bow onto the front of it. The stamped panel was then added using thin foam pads. The greeting stamp is from Chocolate Baroque, stamped with the dusty Concord ink. Lastly the sequins were scattered and glued into place with glossy accents.
So now I am off to enter this at The Butterfly Challenge - Butterfly + S for Sequins, and as I used a couple of snippets I can just make it into Pixies Snippet Playground - Use Snippets, for the second time this week.
Thank you all for visiting here and for your comments, I really appreciate them all.
Jean

17 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, I love this, Jean! Beautiful butterflies, perfectly placed sequins, and dreamy soft colours. Absolutely gorgeous!

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, I love this, Jean! Beautiful butterflies, perfectly placed sequins, and dreamy soft colours. Absolutely gorgeous!

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you have a box of what I call "doo-dads" too! LOL The sequins and bling all look so pretty with those butterflies, and the scalloped border looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In raptures over the delicate colour way you have chosen . As Lynne says it is so dreamy looking. Love the butterfly stamp and what a find the sequins were. Thankyou for fluttering by # 32. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Jean! Love the design and the colours work perfectly together.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about your card! The butterfly stamp is great and the colors are wonderful. Especially like the ribbon, gold accent and sequins. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jean this is so pretty love the sequins they are just different and give a lovely finish your stamp is gorgeous and the design perfect enjoy your weekend love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Jean and I love that CI stamp and the pretty die cut edge you have used, and the colours are gorgeous. The lilac sheer ribbon and the sequins you managed to find finish it to perfection. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful stylish card Jean, the design looks fabulous.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning and very elegant card, Jean! I love it. Fab stamping and beautiful colours too

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so very pretty, Jean. Love the image and your pretty design.
    That bowmaker makes a great bow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so very pretty, Jean. Love the image and your pretty design.
    That bowmaker makes a great bow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely colour combo Jean. You did well to use promarkers with DI. I really only have success with memento ink pads. I love the stamp and the pretty sequins. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful butterfly design, Jean, and a great use of snippets! One might say that your sequins were snippets, too, right? From the dress! Well done, you! They are so happy to be seeing the light of day and making your card shimmer and shine!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ow WOW Jean. This is absolutely beautiful. Love the colour scheme and you have put just enough on. Not too many and not skimpy either.
    Must find my hundreds of packets I have stashed away..maybe in my tin of shame!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card. Love all the techniques you've used to make this beautiful entry to Mrs A's challenge. Had to smile at your sequin story. Good for you at finding your 'saved stuff'...I never can! Also I never know just where to put the sequins, but you did great placing them on the card. The butterfly images were lovely on the scallop border (think that is an old S/B Jumbo Scallop & it's very pretty as you've used it). Just a beautiful card, Miss Jean. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete