my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Thursday 25 September 2014

Rudolph Day Again


Hi again everyone it is getting a bit late this evening, but it is still the 25th. of the month which means it is time for the Rudolph Day challenge at Sarn's blog Stamping For  Pleasure, where we are required to make at least two christmas cards.
I have had this Woodware stamp for a while but hadn't got round to using it yet so decided now is the time. I stamped it six times onto an A4 sheet of card with black Memento ink and shaded the background with a very pale blue Promarker. I redefined the dots with a white gel pen and later with Stickles stardust glitter glue. I restamped the holly leaves and berries onto snippets of paper from an LOTV paper pad, and the numbers onto some other patterned paper snippets I'm not sure of their origin. The two red ones are snippets of satin metallic card. All of these were fussy cut and glued onto the originals.The narrow frames are coloured with gel pens, mainly gold and one red sparkle pen and one with red Stickles. I added highlights to the berries with a white gel pen and then coated them Glossy Accents.                                            
Next I cut and folded six ivory A6 size base cards, and then die cut the mats using my Spellbinders Card Maker  die. Two of them from dark green card and the red and one purple from glitter card and the other purple one from purple mirri card. These were all snippets as well. I threaded various ribbons through the slots in the die before sticking them onto the cards. So as you can see I have six more cards to add to my collection.
 
As well as Sarn's Rudolph Day Challenge I am going to enter these at Pixies Snippets Playground  as I used  quite a few snippets.
Thank you  for visiting here and for your comments which are really appreciated.            
Jean



                                                                

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas cards. I love the Card Maker die cuts - I think this die might find its way onto my wish list! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great set of cards Jean. You're going a lot more colourful just lately! That is a very useful background die, but you did a lot of fussy cutting too, and it all worked together beautifully. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful set of cards you've made! I love the bright colors, and especially that great stamp with those big numbers! Nice job on each of them, and you're way ahead of the Christmas rush already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super set of six splendid cards! Love the colours and all the details xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jean

    A beautiful set of Christmas cards, I love the vibrant colours and design. Each different but stunning.


    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jean, these are fabulous! I love the colours you used and of course that's one of my favourite stamps! Needless to say I had to skip away and track down the beautiful die you used - so clever with the ribbon slots!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well don for making 6 of these lovely cards Jean. Top marks! Love all the glitz and the stamping and die cutting is wonderful.

    Thanks for playing along with Rudolph Day.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jean,
    my these Rudolf creations are super.
    I love their design, and the different textures of each of these.
    wonderful just wonderful.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Six wonderful Rudolph Day cards Jean. That cardmaker die is lovely and the slots through which to put ribbon etc are perfect. The Woodware stamp lends itself to colouring and changing to suit all the lovely colours you have chosen. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful set of cards, its a great design.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fabulous cards, great colours and love the dies, into Woodware stamps myself at the moment.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. 6 super cards.Love that stamp too - still haven't used mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab cards and I love those Woodware stamps huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A set of fabulous cards, and you are really on your way to a great Christmas stash. Love the mirro papers and liked the ribbon threaded at the bottom very much. That enhanced the border edging so much. Well done on using up so many snippets to make these beautiful cards. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab cards Jean. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, Jean! These are real stunners! I love them! you star making six too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic idea Jean, love the colours you have used. Really nice cards xx Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jean

    Beautiful Christmas cards .. .. and so many of them too!!!

    Great use of that fabby stamp set!

    Hope you had a lovely weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete