my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Monday 6 February 2012

Wedding Card

Just over a week ago my niece got married and this is the card that I made for her. She is somewhat unconventional in her ideas and chose white, black and red for her wedding colour scheme, so I decided to use those colours for my card. I began with a top folded landscape style white base card and stamped round the edges with the flower flourish from the Chocolate Baroque butterfly flourish swirl set, with Versamark  and embossed with WOW white pearl powder.I cut the leafy frond with a Marianne die from a piece of very dark green card and covered it with Versamark and embossed with Heat It Up  Enchanted Gold powder. I love this because you get all kinds of metallic effects depending on the colour of the card and ink you use. Next I bound some tiny red roses together with some gold thread and glued them to the card with the embossed leaves. I used an acrylic tag that was etched with On Your Wedding Day and darkened the wording with a black ink pad, and tied the ribbons through the slots in each end. The little heart was a silver one that I coloured red with a permanent marker pen, and attached with a jump ring. I then stamped the words With Love in black ink and finished it off with some self adhesive pearls in the centre.This
is a close up to show some of the background embossing.

I am entering this in The Stamp Man fortnightly challenge, Embellish It,
and Make It Monday,  Anything Goes.













3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, its very elegant.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Jean. Love the white pearl embossing. Dianne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful Jean, and so elegant. I love the embossing, and it looks gorgeous on the die cut. I'm sure this will be treasured by your niece. Maria x

    ReplyDelete