my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Going Dotty?

The latest challenge from Chrissy and Mandi at Less Is More, is to use Polka Dots.
I began by sponging  Dried marigold DI through some sequin waste to create a Polka Dot  background and then stamped the Duo Design stamp over it with Sepia Versafine, and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Unfortunately I had to abandon this piece as the dots showed through the brown ink. I cut the flower out keeping the background whole and used it as a mask, placing it over the sequin waste and just inking the flower part. I then repeated the inking and embossing and this time it was OK. I cut a piece of  Dried Marigold  Core'dination card from the Distress pack and embossed it with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, and lightly coloured the dots with brown ink. I fixed this to the left of a square ivory card and added some dotty ribbon. to finish I mounted the flower onto some Rusty Hinge card leaving a very narrow border and then added it to the card using foam pads.
 Thanks for looking  Jean

4 comments:

  1. hI Jean
    Gorgeous card.....lovely take on the Challenge
    Hugs sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like to had to work really hard to get the effect you wanted here Jean, but the effect is stunning.
    I think I have this stamp too!
    Super card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantasticc flower, its a super card. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Jean. I do like the colours and the dotty ribbon! Dianne.

    ReplyDelete