my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Simply Embossed

  It has been some time since my last blog, mainly because my sister Kate was here all last week on a visit from Spain, and the week before I was preoccupied with other family stuff, so I apologise also for not visiting many blogs or leaving comments. I think I am back to normal now and my first challenge is for Less Is More, where they are aiming for 1000 entries this week. WOW!! The theme is Anything CAS Goes.
 So here is my very simple card. I used a piece of Vintage Photo coloured card from the Tim Holtz and Ranger Distress Collection of Core'diantions, and passed it through the Cuttlebug with this cute little Sissix embossing folder. I then trimmed it to the size I wanted and rounded the corners with a punch and ditressed the edges with a pair of scissors. I fixed it to an ivory base card slightly toward the top left and added a few gemstones.

I am also entering this for,
                               The Sisterhood of Crafters; For The Birds,
                               Crafty Boots; Things with Wings.
                           

8 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Love the clean & simple lines. Thanks so much for joining in our 'For The Birds' challenge at The Sisterhood!

    Darlene
    1 of the Sistahs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so simple but has great visual impact.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Boots Challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!
    Thanks so much for helping in our attempt at 1000 entries to our challenge this week. DO join us again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FAB, love the white on kraft

    Thank you for your participation to our 1000 entries challenge
    Mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! striking effect with that embossed image and the gemstones!

    very beautiful!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you back Jean. Love the card and colour. Dianne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very lovely indeed - so pure and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clean card! Great project! Thanks for taking part in Crafty Boots Challenge! Amyx

    ReplyDelete