my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Thursday 22 September 2011

Blog Bus?!!

My blog appears to be like the proverbial buses at the moment, no blog for two weeks, then two in two days! I just had time to make this card today and thought I would add another little contribution towards Chrissie and Mandi's target of 1000 entries in the Less Is More challenge this week.

I stamped the text by dabbing the three different coloured ink pads onto the stamp and stamping very lightly onto waste paper to remove surplus ink and then on to ivory card. I cut this with a nestie scalloped circle die and inked the edges lightly with the rust ink pad. I stamped the leaves in the same way using the first impression of ink, and cut them out. I fixed the circle with double sided tape towards the top of a DL sized ivory card and glued the leaves on with silicon glue.

The stamps I used are old and had no name on them and I'm sorry I can't remember whose they are. The inks are Rusty Nails, Forest Moss and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.

Thank you to everyone who has left comments already on yesterdays post, all of your comments are really appreciated.

11 comments:

  1. WOW.
    The effect is just FAB and lovely work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Your leaves are wonderful. I love the beautiful way you colored them.
    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous Jean.
    Thanks so much for helping in our attempt at 1000 entries to our challenge this week.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Jean

    Thank you so much for helping us in our challenge for 1000 entries
    Mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous - love the shading on the leaves - very autumnal! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow its a fabulous LIM card, loving your colours. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card Jean. beautiful colours on the leaves. See you at the Ally Pally tomorrow. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Those falling leaves are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, you have captured a proper autumn feel,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Jean, I love the colours. Autumn is my favourite time of year. Dianne.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card Joan, love those leaves. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete