my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Thursday, 29 September 2011

Less Is More Challenge 34

This weeks' challenge at Less Is More is a sketch, and it is a nice easy one
too. I started by cutting an A4 white sheet to make a folded 5" square card. I stamped the image onto a piece of paper and cut round the edge to make a stencil to colour through.I used Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress inks to colour the area and then stamped the image with Walnut Stain DI., keeping the stencil in place to make sure I placed it cerrctly. The sentiment was stamped at the bottom with the same ink. Very simple but quite pleasing I think. The stamps I used are both Art Journey. Thanks again for looking, Jean
I am also entering this for Allsorts Challenge; Keep it Simple.
                                       Simon Says; Anything Goes

Monday, 26 September 2011

The Stamp Man ATCs

Here are my ATCs  for The Stamp Man swap this month where the theme is "In My Garden". I wanted to do something a little bit different than flowers and insects etc., and I remembered that  I had this Crafty Individuals stamp.The words on it have always amused me and I decided it would fit in with theme. I stamped the image with Versafine  Onyx  Black ink and the trimmed the words off from the bottom. I shaded the image with  Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Aged  Mahogany Distress inks and fixed it at an angle onto some rust coloured card and then added the cut out words across the bottom corner. I layered a couple of orange flowers and and fixed them to the top right hand corner with a brown brad.
Thank you for taking a look . Jean

Thursday, 22 September 2011

Blog Bus?!!

My blog appears to be like the proverbial buses at the moment, no blog for two weeks, then two in two days! I just had time to make this card today and thought I would add another little contribution towards Chrissie and Mandi's target of 1000 entries in the Less Is More challenge this week.

I stamped the text by dabbing the three different coloured ink pads onto the stamp and stamping very lightly onto waste paper to remove surplus ink and then on to ivory card. I cut this with a nestie scalloped circle die and inked the edges lightly with the rust ink pad. I stamped the leaves in the same way using the first impression of ink, and cut them out. I fixed the circle with double sided tape towards the top of a DL sized ivory card and glued the leaves on with silicon glue.

The stamps I used are old and had no name on them and I'm sorry I can't remember whose they are. The inks are Rusty Nails, Forest Moss and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.

Thank you to everyone who has left comments already on yesterdays post, all of your comments are really appreciated.

Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Simply Embossed

  It has been some time since my last blog, mainly because my sister Kate was here all last week on a visit from Spain, and the week before I was preoccupied with other family stuff, so I apologise also for not visiting many blogs or leaving comments. I think I am back to normal now and my first challenge is for Less Is More, where they are aiming for 1000 entries this week. WOW!! The theme is Anything CAS Goes.
 So here is my very simple card. I used a piece of Vintage Photo coloured card from the Tim Holtz and Ranger Distress Collection of Core'diantions, and passed it through the Cuttlebug with this cute little Sissix embossing folder. I then trimmed it to the size I wanted and rounded the corners with a punch and ditressed the edges with a pair of scissors. I fixed it to an ivory base card slightly toward the top left and added a few gemstones.

I am also entering this for,
                               The Sisterhood of Crafters; For The Birds,
                               Crafty Boots; Things with Wings.

Thursday, 1 September 2011

Gilded Butterfly

  This weeks Less Is More challenge is a recipe-We are asked to combine three of their previous challenges.
I made this butterfly last week while showing some crafting friends how to do this technique, since when it has been floating around my work space waiting to find a suitable landing place. Today it found it's way onto my LIM card for this week. It was made by stamping the butterfly with Timber Brown Stazon onto acetate and  then placing  it onto a double sided adhesive sheet. I  then cut it out and peeled off the backing paper and covered the adhesive with Varigated Green Gilding Flakes, and burnished it to remove the excess.Today I stamped the butterfly onto a square white card, and wrapped a piece of two tone brown ribbon around, and fixed the acetate butterfly over it with silicon glue.I added three gemstones below the ribbon to finish off.
    The challenges I used are, Week 11 Acetate, Week 16 Butterfly, and Week 25 Ribbon or Buttons. The stamp I used is from Chocolate Baroque, and the gilding flakes from Crafty Notions.