my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Sunday 24 July 2011

Sweet Dreamer

              The Art Journey Challenge number 11 is all about children. I have several of Art Journey's children stamps, they are all lovely, but most of them have already been used in this challenge so I decided to use this one to be a bit different.  I stamped it with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and coloured it with Coloursoft pencils.  I used a Crafty Individuals Springtime backing paper and over stamped it with Bundled Sage Distress Ink and an Art Journey leafy branch, and then stuck it to a folded pale pink card.I coloured a spare piece of white card with Spun Sugar Distress stain and embossed it with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. I cut a strip of this and wrapped a piece of spotted brown ribbon around it and tied it on the left hand side, before sticking to the card. I mounted the main image on foam pads on the right hand side overlapping the embossed strip, and stamped the Art Journey sentiment towards the top with the Memento ink.To finish off I took three white paper flowers and coloured them with Spun Sugar Distress Stain and Moon Glow Glitz Spritz, and when dry layered them together with a small pink flower and a brad in the centre. I cut two rose leaves with a Marianne Die and fixed them with the flower to the bottom left hand corner.
          I am also entering this card for the following challenges.
          Stamp Something: Something Embellished- Ribbon and flower.
         Crafts and Me:  Add a Flower.

6 comments:

  1. Another lovely pastel card Jean. She is a such a tranquil image. I like your colour scheme too. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pale colours, its a beautiful card. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card, Jean! Thanks for joining us at Art Journey Challenge # 11.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that's gorgeous, love that stamp,

    liz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done. Your colour scheme adds to the serenity of your card.

    ReplyDelete