my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Saturday 18 June 2011

Paris Romance

The challenge at Crafty Individuals this month is "Vintage with a Heart". I thought of this CI stamp that bears the caption Travel to Paris, but I decided to omit the words and substitute the words from another stamp plate that I have had for a long time, and I am sorry but I can't remember who made it.( I used to be not very good at keeping account of where my stamps came from.) Anyway, I stamped the main image twice with Versafine Black Onyx and embossed them with clear embossing powder.I cut the first one out and added some colour with DI in Old Paper and Tea Dye and put some lace along the bottom. The second one I coloured just the central part with pencils and cut it out and edged it with the Tea Dye ink, and fixed over the first image with 1mm foam pads. The heart stamp is one of CI little extras that usually come in their parcels. I sponged some Old Paper ink onto some spare card and then stamped the heart with Victorian Velvet ink and embossed with clear powder again. I cut it out and inked the edges with Tea Dye.I fixed it, together with a pretty heart charm from my stash, with a small brad to the lower lefthand corner of the picture. I cut a 5inch square card and covered the front with backing paper from a CI book, and attached the picture with 2mm foam pads trapping a small rosebud under the corner of  it. To finish off I stamped the words onto an offcut of backing paper and cut it into strips and inked lightly round the edges and stuck them to left of the main image, and added a decorative border from the CI paper book along the bottom.

10 comments:

  1. You put a lot of thought and work into that Jean, and it is lovely. What a pretty charm too. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card Jean, love the way you have used the lady as an added frame.
    Lots of detail. Lovely.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vintage card Jean. Lots of lovely detail.
    Regards
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful card, love the details you added. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful piece of artwork Jean, I love it! Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Jean - great name you have too! Thanks for entering. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very beautiful card gorgeous subtle colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just came across your blog, and had a little nose around, your work is inspiring, especially since im just starting out! And this card is gorgeous, I love how you have put everything together.
    Thanks for sharing
    Lee xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete