my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Poppy Appeal.

Over at The Stampman Callenge at the moment the theme is Poppies, and we are invited to send our cards to them to be sold in aid of a British Legion event being held in Skipton in a few months time. Here is the card I have made. The Poppy image and the quote are both Clarity Stamps that I have had for a long time but I still like them a lot. I stamped them in Versacolour Crimson on ivory card and added a little colour to the poppy with a water brush, and I think I used Barn Door and Forest Moss Distress Inks.I then cut them to size and edged them with a Krylon Gold pen. I cut the red panel to fit a A6 ivory card, leaving a small border and edged it also with the gold pen.  I fixed the text piece flat onto the card and the poppy overlapping it on foam pads. I thought the lower right hand side of the card looked a bit bare so I stamped this Elusive Images swirl in the space with the crimson ink  and added a red pearl. This one will be on it's way to Skipton shortly.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jean. You know how I love poppies. Very nicely put together. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A realy beautiful card, love the words you added.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Jean, the addition of the swirl and pearl is lovely.
    Welcome to 'blogland'

    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do not know that poppy stamp but am falling for it's simplicity. Your card design is delightful XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jean. What a stunning card. Your Poppy is so delicate and that sentiment is perfect. Poppies are just lovely flowers aren't they. Janet will be absolutely thrilled to receive this. Thanks so much for joining us at The Stampman this time.
    hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful that stamp is fab! Thanks for playing along with my Poppy challenge at The Stamp Man x Janet

    ReplyDelete