my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Sunday 29 May 2011

All Squared

At Less is More it is week 17, a recipe. The challenge is to choose one square from the grid and keep your image to just that space and leave the rest of the card EMPTY!!!  If you are using text or a sentiment it can extend a little outside of the square if necessary.  First I chose to use this pretty Clarity Stamps cat which I have had for ages  and don't get to use very often. I decided the top left hand corner was the best posistion for it, but thought it would look a bit as if was floating in mid air, so I masked off the corner of the card and coloured it with Spun Sugar Distress ink using cut and dry with a blending tool, and added a touch of Vitorian Velvet to define the edges. I worked out more or less where I wanted the crown and stamped it with Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder. I then stamped the cat with Versafine Black Onyx and added just a little colour to the eyes and nose with colour soft pencils.I used a tiny bit of Diamond Stickles to embellish the crown but decided it didn't show enough and added some extra glitter.I then  stamped the text "Queen for a day" just falling out of my square. Both the crown and the words are Chocolate Baroque stamps.

12 comments:

  1. As you know, I love this stamp. I also love the way you have masked and coloured the corner. But if I am really honest I have not been overly keen on the cards made for the challenge this week with only one corner stamped. But you know me and empty spaces!!
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super, I think you've done a great job with the cat, the crown certainly suits a cats personality! I think Id have left it without the background, but, its FAB
    Thank you so much Jean
    Diva LIM mandi
    LEss is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, lovely image
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, super image and I do like the hint of pink

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card. Love the pussy cat Queen.
    Regards
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet image. I tend to agree with Mandi in that it would have been great without the square background.... but still works well as is.
    If you could link to your actual card for our challenge rather than your whole blog that would be great. If you are unsure of how to do this there is a section on our blog which may help.
    Thanks so much.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute image! Love that you added the crown!
    My card is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cats and this card is gorgeous! Dianne.

    ReplyDelete